UNSEEN GLEE SCRIPT FROM NEXT WEEKS SHOW!!
Geez, tag your spoilers.
How gay couples work despite common belief of musicals, fashion and chick flicks lol
Just your daily reminders:
- Racists are a problem
- White people are not
- Homophobes are a problem
- Straight people are not
- Transphobes are a problem
- Cis people are not
- Sexists are a problem
- Men are not
And most importantly,
- Hating an innocent person solely because of their race, sexuality, or gender makes you a fucking asshole
I see these kind of posts floating around, and while I agree, I want to point this out:
- Institutionalized racism, homophobia, transphobia, and sexism are the biggest problem
- Hating anyone because of their race, sexuality, or gender is not acceptable in any direction, but distrusting cishet, white, and male folks is a rational response to the problems queer folks, POCs, and women face.
- Institutionalized racism is upheld by white people and all white people benefit from it even if they aren’t racist
- Institutionalized homophobia is upheld by straight people and all straight people benefit from it even if they aren’t homophobic
- Institutionalized transphobia is upheld by cis people and all cis people benefit from it even if they aren’t transphobic
- Institutionalized sexism is upheld by men and all men benefit from it even if they aren’t sexist
So yeah, don’t hate someone for what they are. But unless they recognize their privilege and actively try to counter the institution that grants them that privilege, distrust is absolutely a rational response.